Luxury vinyl plank flooring — better known as LVP — is a beautiful flooring option that can completely reinvigorate a space. In fact, this gorgeous, durable, and affordable flooring option comes in a wide array of colors and patterns variations to fit your style and home decor. If you are thinking about switching things up in your home, consider the pros and cons associated with luxury vinyl flooring.
Perks Of Luxury Vinyl Flooring
- Affordability: Even though luxury is part of its name, that doesn’t necessarily mean that this material is expensive. On the contrary, luxury vinyl flooring is incredibly inexpensive and surprisingly affordable. In fact, luxury vinyl costs half as much as wood flooring costs.
- A Myriad of Colors and Patterns: If you are looking to showcase your home’s personality, there’s no better way to do so than with a unique flooring pattern. This is how luxury vinyl planks or tiles can ultimately be the solution to your drab decor. There are so many choices and a variety of options out there when it comes to luxury vinyl floors. From a wide range of color options to various patterns, luxury vinyl flooring is a great way to add unique style and character to your home.
- Installation Is As Easy As 1-2-3: Yes, you read that correctly. Installing luxury vinyl planks and tiles is incredibly simple and easy. In fact, it’s rather simple to install luxury vinyl floors compared to the struggle associated with wood or even stone tile flooring.
Drawbacks To Luxury Vinyl Flooring
- Potential Health Risks: With the good comes some bad. Sometimes, luxury vinyl flooring isn’t perfect for everyone. Unfortunately, luxury vinyl floors can release gasses throughout the home, which could lead to some health issues for those living in the house. However, the gas level released is extremely minimal, and homeowners should keep in mind that having proper ventilation is sufficient to keep the gasses as bay without providing any harm to their loved ones.
- Not Ideal For Wheelchairs: If you live with someone who uses a wheelchair, then luxury vinyl planks or tiles might not be the best option for your home. Luxury vinyl plank tends to be one of the worst flooring options for wheelchair users because it isn’t glued to the floor, which can cause issues for those requiring to move around in a wheelchair.
- Seldom Adds Value: Unfortunately, luxury vinyl isn’t a material that tends to add value to a home. If you are planning on selling your home in the near future, don’t expect luxury vinyl flooring to boost your home’s sale price when it comes time to sell your humble abode.
RPS Flooring is Here to Help
Is your home or commercial building in need of new floors? RPS Carpet and Flooring Wholesalers has over two decades of experience providing residential and commercial flooring throughout Maryland. Give us a call, or come and visit our showroom to check out our expansive selection. For tips, tricks, and to see what we have been working on, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.